Sketchnotes are overall a creative way to organise and present information visually, i.e. they can facilitate learning by breaking down information into easily digestible, easy to understand chunks.
- Visualise: Imagine how you can turn the information into a sketch. Use symbols, pictures, colours and text to organise and represent your ideas and concepts.
- Connect: Connect your ideas together by making links and relationships between them. Use arrows, lines and symbols to make the connections clear.
- Simplify: Simplify the information to the essentials and leave out the unimportant. This will help make your sketchnotes clear and easy to understand.
- Combine: Combine words and pictures to make the information more memorable. Visualise concepts and connections to make them easier to remember.
- Structure: Structure your sketchnotes by highlighting important information and creating a hierarchy of information. Use different font sizes, colours and symbols to clarify the hierarchy.