The right balance is needed here. Homework is also about students independently testing their knowledge and skills. As a parent, you can help your child
- to find a good learning strategy, to organize the homework
- by giving tips if your child simply cannot cope with an assignment
- giving the child enough space, quiet and time to do the homework
- motivating your child if he or she does not understand the importance of homework
- praise and constructively criticize
- observe how much time the child needs for homework every day, if it takes a lot of time, investigate the reasons for this and contact the teachers if necessary.